Gradle build failing
I cloned this repository link to repository from GitHub and followed the build instructions, but got this error:
So I consulted a stackoverflow page which said to replace $nkdir/$nkdir_build_command in line 31, with the full path of the ndk-bundle SDK. Which I did, only to find this new error:
How can I know which version of Gradle I am connecting to, and how can I change/upgrade this so that I can build the app?
Fragments with tabs inside fragment
Here’s what I’m trying to have a navigation drawer which opens a fragment and then within that fragment I want tabs with nested fragments.
It’s like a nested fragment scenario.
My first Google Play Store release
Makaut Syllabus - Google Play Store
I’m Krishna Bose from CSE 2nd Year and is learning Android development. I have launched an app to play store recently, and wish to share with you the same. This isn’t quite a complicated app but might make life a tad easier for every Makaut folk.
Please use the app and do share your opinions/suggestions about the same.
Contributing to Open Source
hi @hundredrab even though I am not that of an active contributor to Open Source Repositories, but still I may provide a few tips to all.
- Find an open source software/package that you understand or are passionate about. You must be using or have heard of some Open Source Organisations like Libre Office, Mozilla, Fedora, etc. Still clueless about what I am talking about?? browse for some in Google Codejam -> archive -> year(2017/2016). Find organizations and what they do.
- Once you have done a little bit of research on the organization and what they develop go to their repository. Generally, all you need to do is Google : <name of organizations> contribute.
- After going to the contributor’s doc, look for the link to their repository, IRC Channel, subscribe to their email list.
- Hanging out in the IRC Channel is pretty good. You can use
- Go to repository -> open issues. Look for tags like
good first time contributorsor
- Read through the discussions in that issue, post a comment there to get a clear picture of what is required.
- When you know what to do, read their
how to contribute. Every organization has a set of rules which need to be followed if you want to submit a PR.
- Fork their repository, and submit a pull request.
Voilla!! You are done baby !!
CMI INTERNSHIP (Apply by :: 31st Jan 18)
Chennai Mathematical Institute accepts undergraduate and graduate students as interns. Details about the programmes available and the application procedure in Mathematics and Computer Science are given in the link
IITM Summer Fellowship Programme - 2018
The IITM - Summer Fellowship Programme of two months with stipend is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and Humanities students through a goal oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
Eligibility: Candidates pursuing Third Year of B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg) / Integrated M.E. / M.Tech. programme, First Year of ME / M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained. [IIT students are not eligible to apply].
Period of the Project: Duration of the programme may commence from 16th May 2018 to 15th July 2018. (Schedule may be flexible to suit student’s convenience.)
Stipend: A sum of Rs.6000/- per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
Job requirement collected from KGEC Alumni Watsapp group
We are hiring B.E. Mechanical Fresher at Atlas Copco Global Engineering Center, Hinjewadi
Eligibility Criteria: B.E.Mech Fresher. Passed out in 2017 with good academics and No job in hand.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview on 17 Feb18.
If you know any potential candidate, ask to send resume at below email